Lead contamination is at the forefront of our mind these days, and it should be.
According to the New York Times:
The Environmental Protection Agency says streams tapped by water utilities serving a third of the population are not yet covered by clean-water laws that limit levels of toxic pollutants.
- Failure to properly test water
- Failure to report contamination
- Failure to treat water properly
However with any health crisis, it’s important to know and understand the facts, and fortunately the facts are easy to find with a water test.
If you suspect or are concerned that you have lead present in your water, here’s what to do:
- Get your water tested. Contact us at Culligan of Weatherford and we’ll test your water for free.
- If lead is detected, we’ll send your water to our EPA-certified laboratory to test for a more detailed analysis.
- We’ll help you interpret your results so you can make an educated decision about what to do next.
If you have lead present in your water the best way to treat it is with reverse osmosis. A Culligan Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System reduces lead by 98.1% so you can feel confident in trusting Culligan with your family’s drinking water.
If you’re not sure if you should get your water tested, here are a few red flags:
- Appearance – Water has a brown or red tint or has started staining sinks and fixtures.
- Odor – Water smells dirty, metallic, or has any noticeable odor.
- Taste – Water tastes metallic, dirty, or “off” in any way.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about why lead leaches into water, its health effects, or how to treat it, we’re happy to discuss this with you.
Local Customer Reviews
We needed a new reverse osmosis system in our kitchen. Dakota explained all of the features, pricing, and gave us all the information we needed for the system. He did a great job, and I would recommend Culligan and Dakota to anyone!
I wanted to let you know how very pleased my husband and I were with our Culligan service call by Dakota. He was professional, kind, and informative... We will always want him on future systems checks. Thank you very much for having such responsible people on your staff.
Just wanted to let you know I appreciated Jerry answering all my questions and doing a thorough job on changing out the water filter on our system. He arrived on time and was in and out in a timely fashion. Jerry was pleasant and professional and I appreciate the service we received....more
Just wanted to let you know I appreciated Jerry answering all my questions and doing a thorough job on changing out the water filter on our system. He arrived on time and was in and out in a timely fashion. Jerry was pleasant and professional and I appreciate the service we received.
I am very happy with Culligan's service. Water tastes great, friendly staff, and I am glad I switched to Culligan water service.
Jerry Gaston made a service call to our home. He was on time, friendly, professional, and informative. I appreciate all of the above.