Lead contamination is at the forefront of our mind these days, and it should be.
According to the New York Times:
The Environmental Protection Agency says streams tapped by water utilities serving a third of the population are not yet covered by clean-water laws that limit levels of toxic pollutants.
- Failure to properly test water
- Failure to report contamination
- Failure to treat water properly
However with any health crisis, it’s important to know and understand the facts, and fortunately the facts are easy to find with a water test.
If you suspect or are concerned that you have lead present in your water, here’s what to do:
- Get your water tested. Contact us at Culligan of Weatherford and we’ll test your water for free.
- If lead is detected, we’ll send your water to our EPA-certified laboratory to test for a more detailed analysis.
- We’ll help you interpret your results so you can make an educated decision about what to do next.
If you have lead present in your water the best way to treat it is with reverse osmosis. A Culligan Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System reduces lead by 98.1% so you can feel confident in trusting Culligan with your family’s drinking water.
If you’re not sure if you should get your water tested, here are a few red flags:
- Appearance – Water has a brown or red tint or has started staining sinks and fixtures.
- Odor – Water smells dirty, metallic, or has any noticeable odor.
- Taste – Water tastes metallic, dirty, or “off” in any way.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about why lead leaches into water, its health effects, or how to treat it, we’re happy to discuss this with you.
Local Customer Reviews
I have had my Culligan water R.O. for almost a year now & I love it!!!
It's nice to have the Culligan water softener at home. Good drinking water, smooth tasty water. Soft water for bath & cleaning. No rust or residue in taps or shower.
I'm very happy and the water is great. The installation looks very good, the guys did a nice job. The cost is reasonable compared to purchasing the home depot system and everything needed to install. I strive to do business with long time reputable companies like Culligan and rarely have any disappointments....more
I'm very happy and the water is great. The installation looks very good, the guys did a nice job. The cost is reasonable compared to purchasing the home depot system and everything needed to install. I strive to do business with long time reputable companies like Culligan and rarely have any disappointments. Please thank everyone on your staff including you Detective Mike Malone.
We are satisfied with the service Juan Lopez gave on December 8, 2015. He was very courteous, thorough, and efficient. We hope we get him again the next time we need our system serviced.
We just had our water treatment system installed this past week and Gustavo did an amazing job. Great care was taken during the installation process and we are looking forward to using this system.